Hello! Most Curious Fair 2020 was almost 2 weeks ago, it was a busy 3 days, and I feel like I have just recovered. It was also, the perfect setting to talk face to face with so many lovely couples who are at different stages of their wedding planning. I got the opportunity to answer lots of questions (about all things weddings), and I thought it would be useful to put a blog together to answer the most common questions I was asked at the fair.
1. I have a small budget, can you help?
A: Yes! The average couple (without a wedding planner) spends over 300 hours planning their wedding. Much of that time is spent looking for suppliers and then meeting with one after the other until you find the perfect one. As wedding planners we have already done the homework and have formed relationships with quality suppliers. By getting to know you we can then direct you to one or two suppliers that match your personality as well as your budget.
To make my services as accessible as possible, I just require a deposit and the rest of your balance will be split into monthly payments.
2. What wedding planning services do you offer?
A: I truly believe every wedding is different so I create customised packages that are tailored to your needs. Here are some popular packages categories, used to help determine which services you need from me:
- Full Planning- if you have a rough idea of your wedding vision but are feeling a little overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin, I can assist you in planning your wedding every step of the way!
- Partial Planning- for couples enjoying the planning process, but need a little direction, I act as a coach for your wedding planning process.
- Month-of-Coordination- means you are able to enjoy every second of your wedding day while I manage and oversee all aspects for you.
3. I love your candles, where did you get them from?
A: Thank you, please see full list of items below.
4. What type of weddings do you do?
A: We do all weddings– Civil, Destination, Elopements, Same sex Weddings/LGBTQ, Express.
5. Can you help me with finding a venue?
A: Yes of course! I provide a tailor-made venue finding service, I source a wide variety of potential locations for you to choose from and I liaise directly with the venue, to provide you with the best possible deal.
Did you know I wrote an e-book with my top 10 wedding venues in Hackney? You can get your copy here.
6. What is the difference between a wedding planner and a coordinator at my venue?
A: A venue event coordinator and a wedding planner is two very different things. While it is true that a venues event coordinator and wedding planner will have some over lap there is still an big added value to having both a venue event coordinator and a wedding planner, that are two professionals working together. Often the venues event coordinator handles all kind of different events and clients - where your wedding planner only have one focus - and that is YOU!
7. Do you charge for an initial consultation?
A: NO WAY! Our initial consultation are complimentary. This is a chance for us to get to know each other to see if we’re a good fit to work together. If you missed your chance to book in your consultation at the show, click here.
8. How soon should I book your services?
A: It's never to early to reach out to me. I usually fill dates in the more popular wedding months of May through to September, anywhere from 6-14 months in advance, however your date may still be open. Contact me (email@example.com) today to check availability.
What made my stand standout:
- Flowers: Blume
- Stationery: Ink & Paper
- Chair: Juno Hire
- Tablecloth: I went to a fabric shop and bought 4 meters of pink velvet
- Gold cutlery: Purchased on Amazon, but you can hire from Yahire
- Pink glasses: Purchased from NEXT, but you can hire coloured glassware from Classic Crockery
- Candles:Ester & Erik
- Candle sticks: Purchased on Amazon
Please get in touch if you have anymore questions for me firstname.lastname@example.org
All photos taken by THE WOMAN & THE WOLF